Friday, December 4, 2009

School work... cookies... maybe a hike...

It is Friday and my children are in the care of their father. It is odd to be "childless", but none the less, it is a routine that I'm finally getting somewhat used to. That is how I find myself sitting at my best friend's house babysitting her little guy and thinking over my weekend. This past week was productive (read busy and draining) and next week will hold more of the same.
I am not complaining.
I am grateful to have a job.
Never the less,
I,

like probably ninety nine percent of all Monday to Friday workers,
am extremely glad it is Friday.

I am pondering my choices for the weekend. I have the usual lessons to prepare for as well as our annual Holiday Open House plans to finalize. My Kindergarten students have been working very hard and their parents are coming next Thursday to enjoy everything we've planned. So, school work is a given. What else will I choose? There is a wonderful hike going on tomorrow, cookies to bake for an Italian dinner I have been invited to attend and the overwhelming desire for a nap.

My heart longs for the hike, my eyes and body for my best friend's couch. I am so very tired. I am headed out to rest in front of the Hallmark Channel and drift in and out after I put my dear little charge to bed.

I'll let you know what adventures Saturday brings. Perhaps I'll even get some good photos. Sunday I will eat breakfast with my parents and enjoy church. It is the second week of advent. Time is flying... I wish I had a parachute and the power to freeze time while I took a bitty break.

Yet... despite the whirl... I am blessed. I hope that this day has been one of good things for you. May your night, your tomorrow, your always... bring you the kind of adventures that leave you smiling.

No comments: