Monday, June 22, 2009

driving

Today our summer camp visited the library.

One group saw a magic show,
another attended story time.

The kids had a lovely time.

The staff at our local library is superb and the children always enjoy an outing.

Me?
I played bus driver
as well as teacher.

Shuttling kids to and fro,
I made multiple trips.

I spent most of the day going in circles.

I imagine many of you who have children,
or travel for work,
sometimes feel the same.

Moving in and out of traffic,
and taking care not to speed,
I had plenty of time to think.

I considered my weekend,
thought happily about the fun activities planned at school this week
and even considered what to fix my children for dinner.

I didn't reach any grand conclusions,
but then again,
I wasn't really searching for any.

I hope for you today,
a little time for reflection,
peaceful moments,
happy thoughts.

May a smile find its way to your lips,
a song wiggle its way to your heart...
and happiness never be too far out of reach.

May you be blessed,
Now,
Always,
Forever.

No comments: