Monday, June 1, 2009

moments of beauty


Tonight,

with a graduation,

important meetings

and all sorts of life events

on my heart and mind...


I took a walk,

found some coffee,

and talked to my family.


As I gather my kiddos into their evening baths,

pondering tomorrow...

considering life...

I must confess that I yearn

for the solitude of a quiet forest,

the dark of a star lit meadow,

the quiet hush as the sun sets over water.


Instead,

like all of you,

I am at my computer.


And yet,

I give thanks,

God is good.

Today,

Tomorrow

Always.


He has never left me.


Though the path is bumpy

and I'm feeling the rocks...


I know...

yes,

I know!

You and I are loved.

We are not alone.

No matter what is going on in our lives,

there is someone who cares for us.

Who loves us.


Not only is this true,

but my friends,

my family,

my dear ones...


They are with me.

... sharing my path...

May you and I keep walking.

Find the happiness around us...

Keep smiling.

May we be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are all with you. This life can be hard sometimes and I often wonder how you manage and yet keep so upbeat and cheerful. I can not imagine what life with an autistic child would be like but I admire you greatly. You keep an even balance in your family and your faith never waivers. May God always help you along the way and make your choices easier to make. Your forest walks can be done on the computer as there are some beautiful sites to visit and some have soothing music with them. The next time I receive one, I will pass it on to you so you can view it at your leisure in a quiet time.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
I wish I could say that my faith is never shaky... it is not honestly true. My parents... it is because of them... they are the reason I know that even if I don't feel my faith... that it is still real.. that it will be ok. Time after time, I have seen God take care of them. I have seen their faith... There are times when I am so very afraid that life, will sweep me off my path and make me forget where I am going. I thank you, for your kind words... I try to be the woman you talk of... I do not always reach that ideal.
God Bless,
Susan

Anonymous said...

You are not perfect - no one is - but you do have more inner strength than you realize. I do not know you personally, only from what you write on your blog which is always so positive. What you have been through would shake anyone's faith and make them wonder "Why me?" Everything happens for a reason and each hurdle we take makes us stronger to attempt the next one. My favorite poem when I was down was "God Hath Not PRomised" Do you know that poem? If not I will send it to you. Believe me, my faith is not all that strong and it has been shaken many many times during my lifetime. My life was not all that easy. But we do get through it and them we look back and say "How did I ever do it?"

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Thanks Doreen,
:-) I'll look up the poem.
Susan