Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ordinary days...

Today we filled our pinatas,
danced and sang to a Kidz Bop DVD in our movie room
and read some books.

We played Spanish Bingo
and won balloons to play "ball" with.

At home I made hamburgers on the grill
and my two youngest watched Finding Nemo.

Nothing amazing,
earth shaking
or
incredibly impressive.

Just an ordinary day,
simple pleasures,
bringing quiet happiness to the young ones around me.

My own week has been long,
but despite several issues requiring my thought,
I have been blessed by the time I have spent
with the children I am entrusted with.

Moments of happiness,
delighting in the soft feel of a pony,
being tossed by a steer...
even making pinto bean fudge
and enjoying story time at the library.

I am truly blessed to be surrounded by
little shinning lights of joy.

Though they fuss and fight from time to time...
though they, like we, can be a bit mischievous...
even perhaps a bit naughty...

There is not a better job in my opinion,
than that of a teacher.

I am so glad for the licence hanging on my wall and for the dear ones I call my own.

May your Friday be peaceful
and may you find moments to inspire you on your journey.

May you be blessed.

No comments: