Sunday, June 21, 2009

thinking

Sitting in the pew today,
I heard the pastor talk about trying to figure out God's plan.

Pastor Spence had my attention,
I could identify with what he was saying.

I found it comforting that this man,
this kind and holy man,
was puzzled...
had questions...
worried.

The words of this man,
seeking answers for his own life,
touched me.

Gave me hope,
and challenged me.

I have so many questions.
It was wonderful to hear someone else say
that seeking the truth isn't always easy...

that the walk on the path is not without rocks...

and yet,
the walk itself is a blessing,

meant,
I think,

to bring us closer to the one who loves us perfectly,

even if we do not always understand,
his plan,

or follow it,
quite so perfectly.

May you be comforted on your "walk"
with the knowledge that sometimes
even the most faithful among us are confused...

May you be blessed.
We are never alone.
=-)

No comments: