Saturday, June 20, 2009

Girls' Day

My youngest daughter and I climbed a mountain today.

Last year the mountain "won" when she took a tumble,
today,
together,
we
made it up and down the rocky path without a mishap.


For lunch we visited the golden arches,
she had grilled chicken wraps and I had a grilled chicken salad.
I laughed as I took a fry and declared it a fry "tax"...
she happily tried to eat them quicker...
so I stole a bit of her ice cream.

Together we laughed and giggled,
like the girls we are.

Our day was delightful,
I even convinced my dear one that a hair cut was needed.

My youngest is such a beautiful young woman.
Fun and sweet.

I am so glad she is mine.

Tonight as I type this,
I have just finished watching, "Bride Wars".

I must admit the movie brought tears to my eyes.

Friendship,
the kind the lasts forever.

Family,
Parents....

Blessings we are so fortunate to have been given.

Tomorrow as so many of us celebrate Father's Day,
may you and I
spend time with those who we love.

If you are blessed with a loving father who is able to share your world,
give thanks.

If the day makes you sad,
I am so sorry.

Find a dear one who loves you,
spend the day with them.

We are not meant to be alone in our sadness.

May this day,
this night,
this forever....

Bring you lasting blessings and peace.

No comments: