Monday, June 29, 2009

French Toast




Coming home from work,
I stopped for a large diet pepsi,
turned the radio up
and rolled the windows down.

With the wind blowing delightfully,

I sang to the radio.

This is my normal routine,

though sometimes I get a coffee instead of the soda.

Since I get out earlier in the summer,

I had time to run a few errands

before I got my youngest daughter

from her grandparents' house.

I picked up some registration information from the high school for my oldest and traded last week's books for some new ones.

Heading home,

I smiled.

It was french toast night.

With fruit and whipped topping,

it is one of my favorite dinners.

Easy and quick...

and I've recently discovered a new added indulgence.

I love to spread peanut butter and jelly on top of the french toast before adding the fresh berries and whipped topping.

Sigh...

trust me...

it is like I imagine heaven to be....

The only thing left is a cup of coffee

and later

when all the kids are asleep,

a trip out to the swing to watch the stars.

Tonight I hope for you,

a peaceful evening,

the knowledge that you are loved by those who matter most.

May you be blessed this week and always...

No comments: