Monday, July 21, 2008

Baby bunny update!


For those of you who read my July 8th blog about finding a baby bunny nest in our back yard, here is an update! After days of peering into their nest every morning, one day about a week ago all three were gone! We were a little sad but, hoped that they were doing well wherever they were.

Today, I finally was brave enough to take a rake and make sure there were no other "surprises" in the yard. I'm sure I looked rather funny as I held the rake far away and tentatively brushed the grass in the hopes nothing creepy would be uncovered.

Deciding it was safe, I started to mow. It wasn't until I tried to mow near our privacy fence that I encountered our three juvenile rabbit friends.

I yelled for my daughters and got the camera. I thought you might all like to see it as well.

If by chance you ever find bunnies and want to learn more about them. Please consider checking out: http://www.messingerwoods.org/babybunny.htm.

Have a hoppy day!

2 comments:

Walker Zed said...

Yes, the bunnies are cute! Unfortunatley, rabbits also have to eat. Did your garden contain anything that the bunnies discovered was quite tasty?

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Very funny! (I laughed so hard when I read your comment!)

My garden beds are all raised so maybe they'll leave the yummy things alone. If not, I garden because it makes me happy, the veggies are just an added bonus.