Sunday, July 6, 2008

Don't panic if you go the wrong direction!


A while back, I shared that I do not have the most finely tuned sense of direction. Today this was demonstrated yet again. On the way back from Portsmouth, Ohio, as I approached the junction of U.S 23 with 270, I misunderstood the map quest directions and I went the wrong direction! I had my misgivings, but I wasn't positive I was going the wrong way until I'd traveled for about ten minutes. At that point, it was just as quick to continue around the loop until I got to our end of town again.
It's been a long time since I've been so grateful to see the sign for our exit. I share this as a consolation to other directionally challenged adventurers. At the end of a long day, sometimes a "detour" can make you remember just how much you love your home. I hope this blog finds you safely with those you care about and if not, rest easy in the knowledge that you are a blessing to those around you. May you sleep well tonight and wake tomorrow with a smile.

No comments: