Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time together

This morning my parents invited my family and I to come to breakfast with them.

We accepted, of course, and were especially delighted when we learned that the destination was the Waffle House!

The Waffle House is one of those places that is a great equalizer. You might see a beat up car parked next to a BMW. The food is delicious and you get plenty! Top it off with great service and reasonable prices and you'll soon know why they are always doing a brisk business.

One of the best parts of going to the Waffle House, and the reason I originally was going to blog, is how much fun it is to watch your food being made!

There are no interior walls in this restaurant. If you sit at a table near the kitchen area, you can watch as they fry up your customized hash browns or make a fresh batch of coffee.

If you go, may I recommend the waffles they are so famous for. Treat yourself to two, the second one is only 99 cents! Another must try are their hash browns which are amazingly crispy and take up their own plate. You can get all sorts of yummy things mixed into your hash browns. Check out: http://www.wafflehouse.com/default.asp for more information on this happy place.

Besides the good meal, everyone enjoyed the time together. We laughed, ate and formed new memories. My parents have just recently moved back to this state and we couldn't be happier to see them if we tried. It is so very good to spend time with those that love us. The people who have known us our whole lives.

Going out to eat is fun, I will not lie.

But, I will tell you honestly that I'd happily eat peanut butter and jelly with those I love around my own table.

In the end it really isn't about the food at all.

It is about...

Family...

Friendship...

Love....


The important things in life.

Share a meal with someone you love.

=-)

No comments: