Sunday, July 20, 2008

Movie time!

I love movies!


I enjoy everything about them!

I like the way the world slips away in a darkened theater as the screen comes alive and how I willingly step into another world.


I like happy movies, scary movies and even kids' movies!


I especially like movies where the characters never give up despite having difficult circumstances.
(I guess you could say I'm a sucker for a happy ending!)


Although I enjoy going to see a new picture on the "big screen", I have to admit that watching movies at home can be just as enjoyable. (And, I suspect, for many of us with children, more likely to happen frequently!)


(I bet you can tell where I'm headed with this one...)


Today I am suggesting that you pop some popcorn and let everyone choose a movie!

Make it a marathon event and watch everyone's choice or vote and pick just one.

Regardless of what you choose, enjoy the comfort a favorite movie can bring. Seeing a hero or heroine save the day (or escape from giant spiders), brings everyone together! There is a certain comfort in knowing that good triumphs over evil, Nemo finds his way home or that, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians! (1964...a truly camp experience... don't blame me... I found it for a dollar! I bet you probably could too!)

Dig through your old movies or find a new one! if you are really lucky maybe you can head to the theater!

Have fun and don't forget the popcorn!

No comments: