Monday, July 14, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" As a child you often hear the question, as an adult not so much. Today, emboldened by my recent acquisition of a teacher's license, I put the question to all of you. Somewhere along life's path you likely made decisions that led the outside world to believe you knew the answer to this question.

I ask you, as I sit here knowing I am about to embark on a new professional adventure, "Is there something you still need to do?" Maybe you desire to advance in the field you are already a part of. Perhaps you love your job, but wish you knew how to play the piano. Whatever your secret dream is, I ask you to consider it today.
Count your blessings. Look at your talents honestly. Think about your dreams. If you find, like I did, that there are things you still need to do, take that first step. Life is a journey, an adventure if you will, but only for those who are willing to leave the driveway.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" The question is not just for children.

No comments: