Monday, September 28, 2009

The back half of Thirty...

I sit here, indulging in five minutes before I resume my morning routine. It is my birthday and I find that I am pondering the universe just a bit more than usual. Combine this introspection with a Monday morning and it is a little much.

The picture of my hiking shoes has been seen before on this blog, though not for a long time. My shoes were a purchase before I went on the, "Ice Cave Hike" at Clear Creek early this year. The hike, like life, did not go as planned. The water was high in the creek and so we took a different path.

It is easy to fret the "lost" things in life. To weep over what is gone. Harder to look forward in anticipation and walk on in peace. Still, I believe it is what we are called to do.

We are called to count our blessings, live with kindness and walk peacefully with those around us. When all is said and done, I am counting on the loving mercy of a God who will never forsake me.

Now and always,
may your adventure be one that,
will bring you peace.

May you be blessed.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WEll belated Happy Birthday. I hope you had a good day. It is also my daughter,s, my grandaughter's and my niece's birthday. A very popular date. I wish you all the best today, tomorrow and for the entire year. As you journey through this new life of yours I hope you will find much happiness health and joy.