Sunday, September 6, 2009

My son had Communion today!

Today my children and I were at the local United Methodist Church. My Dad was preaching as the regular pastor was on vacation. Raised Methodist, I've been Roman Catholic for years.
There are things in both churches that I love. I am unsure where I will eventually land.


With all my heart though, I must say that today was a very special day. My young son enjoyed a beautiful blessing. You see, the Methodist Church has a Open Communion Table. What this means, is that anyone who wants to share in the love offered at the Lord's Table is welcome regardless of where they've been, what they've done or how much they understand.


My little guy was so very happy. He signed please when he saw the bread I was offering him. He smiled happily when I gave him a bitty glass of juice. He felt loved... included... happy. Surely that is what Jesus would want.


What a wonderful blessing. I am so grateful for the chance for my little guy to be a part of what I believe is meant for all of God's children.

No comments: