Monday, September 28, 2009

Freed an hour early!

It was with a exclamation of pure glee
that I escaped an hour early today.
One of the schools that send children to our after school program was closed today.
Because of this,
I did not have to do my after school bus route.
With an hour to myself,
I found a coffee,
ran an errand to our local library
and even stopped to visit my very dear friend Bev who I rarely get a chance to see.
I felt positively spoiled.
I chuckled happily,
sang loudly to my radio as I made my way up the road
and absolutely grinned.
I am sure to anyone passing by,
I probably looked a little too happy.
Sigh....
aren't lovely treats wonderful?
I didn't even have to make dinner tonight.
My parents treated my kiddos
and I to supper for my birthday.
Now I know I feel lazy and indulged!
Three cheers for happy days,
birthday cake and cookies
and family and friends I love.
Only happy wishes to you.
Now and always,
may you be blessed!

No comments: