Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Choosing a good one....

Today my co-teacher and I took our class to Lynd's Farm. The farm is a delightful family owned place that welcomes buses of children to learn about either apples or pumpkins and to pick their very own produce to take home. This was my second year to go and I was just as pleased today as I was last year. The staff is good with children and knowledgeable about just what happens to make apples and pumpkins grow.

Our students were visiting the farm to pick apples. After our tour and education session, we were allowed to go to the, "main event". Parents and children paid four dollars for the tour which included a supermarket produce sized bag of apples. The best part of the trip? Both my co-teacher and I were allowed to pick a 1/2 peck at no charge.

Hands down, Lynd's apples are the best I've ever tasted. Fresh off the tree, they just beg to be eaten. I must confess I've delighted in three today. I had one in the orchard, one at recess and one just a moment ago after dinner. I think I better put them up before I make myself sick. (Just like a bitty kid with too much candy!)

If you live in Central Ohio, please consider taking a trip to Lynd's with a few friends or family. Head to http://lyndfruitfarm.com/main/ to get more information. If you live farther away, hit the Internet and search for your own delightful orchard. I can almost guarantee you will pick some of the best apples of your life. Lynd's apples are nurtured in the warm Ohio sunshine with the utmost care. Nothing from the supermarket will compare with one of their apples; especially if it is picked with someone you love.

No comments: