Saturday, September 26, 2009

As we paused overlooking the water,
I felt a slight wistfulness come over me.

If you are someone who has gotten teary eyed over Folger's commercials
and find yourself suddenly understanding those "older" emotional adults from your childhood.. perhaps you understand how I felt.

It was a moment to freeze in time,
to treasure close to the heart on hard days.

Beside me stood a very nice man
who drove an hour
to meet me
so that together
we could go somewhere
he knew we'd both enjoy.

We share a love of the outdoors
and a sense of adventure.

I treasure our developing friendship.

In the busy world with it's ups and downs,
it is nice to be able to stand in the forest with a friend.

To feel the outside world slip away...
and...
even if only for a little while
to relax in the awe inspiring atmosphere
offered in one of the most beautiful parks
I have ever been blessed to explore.

Now and always,
I wish for you...

Beauty
Peace
Friendship

No comments: