Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hallmark...

I am one of the reasons cards "sing",
glitter isn't optional
and sappy writers have jobs
even in a difficult economy.


I honestly love giving and receiving cards.
Yesterday, a very dear friend sent me a birthday card.
I grinned when I opened it.
A "regular" card would have been enough to make me smile...
but this one...
this one hollers out happily that I am "queen".
I laughed out loud and smiled again.
As someone who fails miserably remembering birthdays,
I sooth my guilty feelings by sending cards whenever I feel like it.
I must admit though,
it is nice to be remembered.
My card was even early,
as my birthday isn't until next week.
I assure you when I count my blessings,
I count my friends.
Better than riches,
though I wouldn't turn wealth down,
friendship is something that defies fiscal assessment.

May you and I be the kind of friend we are glad to have...
I wish you good things,
blessings,
peace.



No comments: