Saturday, September 5, 2009

Considering the future...

In my mind,
there are thoughts turning.
I need to shake them loose.
The topic of consideration
is the concept of "the future"
and what it is we are to make of it.

It's ok to chuckle,
I know it's a "out there" sort of thing to ponder.

What I am wondering about is multifaceted.
In our lives,
much of the future is unseen.
While I know that if I wake up in the morning,
eventually I will be hungry,
I can not foresee something like a power outage
that would make my morning coffee a sad casualty.
However,
some problems in life can be expected.
Car difficulties,
while frustrating
are an eventuality
that we can only pretend are a complete surprise.

What then are we to do?
How are we to plan for the future?
Setting goals and working toward them gives purpose to our days.
Though I acknowledge I am not the maker of the road on which I drive,
I have been given licence to take the drive.
Life will happen.
I,
like probably most of you,
wish to have an idea where I'm going.
The detours and potholes in life?
are just that...
challenges...
considerations...
perhaps to make sure I don't "speed" in the wrong direction.
Where is it that I want to "go"?
What do I hold so dear that regardless of what I face,
I will not give up?
What are my dreams?
What are yours?
Living....
Life....
it is a gift...
We are loved...
all we must do is to look around at our world to know this...
It is beautiful...
It gives me hope...
Makes me want to walk the path...
to plan regardless of the outcome...

wow... not even eight on a Saturday...
and I wish I could say that was the end to my musings...
I'm headed to find coffee,
make sure my two awake children have found sustenance and complete at least one tangibly visible chore.
May you find blessings on your adventure today...
Now and always,
I wish you peace.

No comments: