Sunday, October 18, 2009

Then over the edge I went!

What a day!
My cell rang at six this morning.
I popped up,
grabbed my things
and hit the shower.
Before seven,
I was dressed;
shared donuts with my sis
and left some off for my kids.
With a grin on my face,
I headed South,
taking a detour
before I headed to Hocking Hills.
I daydreamed as the sun crept over the horizon.
Happily, I turned on to a lovely road in Southern Ohio.
Chuckling,
I called my favorite number
and woke a very special man up.
I shared some tea
and my excitement over the coming day.
Then, collecting a kiss and a hug,
I hit the road and headed East.
I pulled into the State Park rappelling area right on time.
After meeting up with the leader and group,
we picked up the gear and headed up into the forest.
The path was steep and unbelievably beautiful.
Rocks,
tree roots,
colorful leaves,
moss
and even towering rock faces...
I sighed...
smiled
and
felt grateful to have been invited.
Later,
after stepping off the side of the rock...
climbing up again...
only to step off again....
My body was tired,
but the satisfaction in my heart...
Was something that is still with me as I write to you.
New friends...
a new experience...
Wow...

No comments: