Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things we teach children...

When I am most discouraged,
I find that it is often words
that were taught to me as a child
that come back to me.

The Bible verse
(Jesus Wept or Rejoice in the Lord Always),
the sage advice
(Don't say anything if you can't say anything nice)
and even things that are some of each...
J.O.Y.


Jesus
Others
Yourself

It was told to me, and it seems to be true...
That when we don't make the world...
"all about us"
we are happier.

I think everyone knows this.
When we give cards to others... we feel good too.
When we do a kind deed... it makes us feel hopeful...

The "trick", I think is knowing that all good things come from God
and that we all can all do good things...
(We were made in His image after all and many of us claim to be following His Son.)
So today...
I'm putting down what I'm worried about...
knowing I will do everything I can...
and I'm daydreaming
happy thoughts
and mischief to make the "others" in my life
just a bit...
happier.

Now and always,
may you be blessed.

No comments: