Friday, October 16, 2009

The gift of photos...

I have a meeting today.
A meeting about a small human in my care. In charge of a conference that is not an easy one; I am starting with pictures. Positive ones of a dear child who has honestly found a special place in my heart. I am bringing coffee, offering baked goods, I do not have any "easy" answers. Like countless teachers before me and those after me, I will step up to my "plate" and do the best I can.
Nothing in college taught me what it is that should come out of my mouth.
My words, I pray, will instead be drawn from what I have learned in life. Compassion, strength, intelligence.... I have seen them modeled. I claim these assets of my own. I pray that today I demonstrate these gifts.
Today, for you,
I wish a smile for your heart,
a chance to use your own talents and maybe....
just maybe a delicious pastry.
May you be blessed.

No comments: