Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Treat bags... portfolios... reading groups...

It is almost ten fifteen
and I am thinking I'd better head to bed soon.
I find that I have gotten so much done tonight
that I want to keep going and do just a bit more.
Logically I know this is silly,
as I will be very sleepy come morning if I don't soon call it a day.

This evening:
  • I have made considerable headway on my Kindergarten students' portfolios,
  • talked to family and friends,
  • gotten some Christmas shopping done,
  • made sure my children have milk and bread for tomorrow
  • and even loaded my dishwasher.
  • I've discussed curriculum with my co-teacher.
  • I've eaten dinner with my children,
  • kissed them
  • and gotten them to bed
  • and now...

Now I am blogging to you as I consider that putting together my students Halloween bags will probably need to wait for tomorrow.

Though I wish for more "time",

I know it is a good thing my wish is not granted.

We all need to sleep.

God Bless you this night and always.

May you rest easy.

1 comment:

Tom said...

When you deal with kids, its so very rewarding. I loved watching the changes as they grew stronger, smarter, and more conficent.

Some days the lessons they learned were grasped really fast, other days is was repetition repetition, but always rewarding.

At the end I hated giving them up, or passing them on to someone else, and having to start all over again.

At the end of the day, you feel good at what has been accomplished, but totally beat, yet you look forward to tomorrow. Another challange, another victory, another day wanting "just a little more time".