Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy....

My day started off a bit rough. A mess at home, a typical moment from a wilful preteen, the usual. I was sniffling a bit on the way to work, just plain tired. Thankfully my day got better.

I'm sitting here listening to happy, hopeful, light hearted music. The Beach Boys, "Kokomo" is playing as I type and I find myself typing in rhythm to the tune. A smile is on my face.
At school, my morning small group and I sat on the patio and watched the rain fall. We wrote about what we saw in our journals. We ate raisins left over from our ladybug lesson and talked together.
Later, we used our class computer to look up information on starfish when a dear kiddo asked about them. We had just read a counting by five's book that used starfish to count on and my students wanted to know more. So, learn we did! We promptly went over and discovered all we could. Monday I'm bringing in a dried starfish to share. It is so much fun to follow whims some days. Our standards were met, my students were interested and engaged and I was blessed with well behaved dear ones.
My afternoon was full of pumpkin math and floating veggies, a tasting party and a double check of progress reports that were sent out. I was exhausted when I made it home but satisfied. Pizza was the choice for dinner. Thank heavens for Little Caesars. My kids were happy and with my oldest entertaining the other siblings, I took a power nap.
Now... I find that I am beginning to slow down. I have groceries safely tucked into my cupboards, a new book to read and happy plans for my family tomorrow. I pray that your night, your tomorrow, your always is a blessing. That the adventure before you brings you more joy than sorrow. Now and forever, peace to you.

No comments: