Monday, October 26, 2009

companions on our journey...

Too many cookies can cause a stomachache...
Too much given to us can convince us that we are entitled to things
and that someone else should provide what we need.

I find, perhaps you do too, that I am tempted by the extra cookies in life. I am not a lukewarm person. Either I am excited about something or I'm not. I do not seek out things I feel, "iffy" about. It is hard to accept that there are things in life that must be done carefully regardless of how I feel.

One good example can be found in how we choose those who walk with us through life. Whether the companion is a platonic friend or someone who makes our heart smile, forming relationships takes time. Experiences form common memories, conversations allow us to learn about the one we are interested in. How someone has responded to what they have encountered in life tells a great deal about the kind of person they are.

Days turn to weeks, weeks to months and if you are fortunate, months to years... friendship is formed. If along the way you find, or they do, that there is something that makes a relationship impossible, you are blessed with the knowledge.

Trust...
Friendship...
Relationship...

Beautiful words, worth more than gold.
Now and always,
I ask that you,
that I,
that we,
are blessed with wisdom and patience.

May we choose companions carefully for this journey we call life...
and may we...
become,
each day,
better friends
to those who care for us.

No comments: