Friday, October 30, 2009

Spring!

Laughing,
covered in seeds and garden tools...

Flowers on my head and a kite hanging on my back,
I was, "Spring" today for our Harvest Party at Kindergarten today!

We played games,
made crafts,
had a scavenger hunt,
heard stories,
made Witches Brew,
played balloon ball,
laughed,
smiled,
watched Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin,
had popcorn and even went Trick or Treating at our Learning Center next door.

Sigh....
There were a few moments when dear ones got a little too excited.
(All Fourteen boys were clad in superhero costumes.)

When the day was done...
it had been a blessing to us all...
a day of memories...
no lasting trouble...
A happy day.

I pray that your week has wound down and that the moments before you will be peaceful ones. If you are working this weekend and your time off occurs on a different day, I thank you. Life only works because we all do what needs to be done.

Now and always,
may you be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bring back such memories to me. You remind me of myself several years ago when I had my brownie pack and I entered into the spirit of every occasion with gusto and was not afraid to "make a fool of myself". The kids loved it even though some of the other leaders thought I was crazy. What fun we had. I always dressed up for Halloween!

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Doreen,
Life is so much better when we enjoy it. Harmless fun, delight in the day to day... so many blessings really are ours when we are open to the happiness that is all around us! I can imagine you all dressed up and smiling. It is a very delightful image. Life is better with happy people.
Susan