Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

This afternoon, for the first time in more than perhaps twenty odd years, I saw a Western. The movie, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly starred Clint Eastwood and a hidden box of money. It was a wonderful way to spend a misty afternoon.

I was outraged at the opening death, appalled, though not surprised, when the murderer killed his contractor and happy when the bad guy met a deserving end. The plot twists and interesting characters made me wonder exactly what would happen. There was enough money to share, and yet the main characters spent the whole movie keeping secrets from each other that bred distrust and unhappiness.

Me?
I was not unhappy like the men on the screen before me. Nestled in, warm and cozy, all was right in my world. There is nothing like a sharing a good movie on a rainy day. As an added bonus, I am excited at the new genre of movies that now peak my curiousity.

The world is a beautiful place.
Even on cloudy days.
Mist,
fog
or
rain.
My heart is warm and my smile fixed happily where it should be.

May your today,
your tomorrow,
your always,
bring you blessings.

No comments: