Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy in the dark

While my students worked assembling their math projects,
I put our Harvest Moon Festival Lanterns together.

With a kind parent's help,
our students made the most adorable lanterns.
Not only did one of my student's
mother come in on her day off
with authentic moon cakes,
a smile the size of Texas
and the patience of a saint,
she also bought exquisite paper lanterns,
craft supplies to decorate them
and even lights to string them together.

Standing in the dark,
every child was properly impressed...
even the "big kids" from our after school program.

I love our parents,
they come and read in my classroom...
demonstrate their careers and even serve as chaperons.


They share special holiday traditions and even find fun educational activities to share with our students.
I am so very grateful for their kindness and care.

No comments: