Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pizza for Math?

Comparisons....

What are some differences between Matzo Cracker Pizza and "real" pizza?

How are they the same?

Counting...

How many spoonfuls of cheese are you supposed to use?

How much sauce?

Following directions...

What order do I complete the steps in?

What did Ms. Susan say I should do when I am done?

My students and I made pizza together today.

Every child except one enjoyed the taste and several begged for more. I love learning through real life experiences. Sure my students do worksheets and flashcards like everyone else, we just are blessed with a principal who encourages hands on activities as well.

"School" is over for the week!

Only play days remain as our local schools are out and there will be "big kids" at our building for the next two days. I have a few hours of work to do and one parent meeting. The rest of the time is mine courtesy of a bit of personal time.

I am surprised you can't hear my happy sigh...

I pray that your week and weekend are wonderful... I'm starting mine early.... YAY! =-)

No comments: