Friday, October 30, 2009

For the love of the game... and a few plastic rings...


Aiming plastic Halloween themed rings at buckets,
my students were engrossed in the experience.
All the excitement was donated by a loving mother who,
like you and I,
was so happy to make sure the ones she cares for had a very memorable day.
Collecting small trinkets,
the children played the simple game
grateful to have the experience.
What a blessing it was to watch them enjoy a timeless experience.
Whether with bean bags or rings...
buckets or balloons...
Childhood should be allowed simple silliness.
I think...
I believe...
Happy childhoods are worth more than winning lottery tickets.
=-)

2 comments:

Tom said...

This is not really a comment, but an idea I would like to share with you that I think kids in your class would enjoy. (My kids loved it, and we did it many times.)

We took regular construction paper with different shaped pasta's and made pictures. Glueing them down one piece at a time. The kids made flowers, houses, trees,and pets, it was entertaining, and educational, and very little cost.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Tom,
That sounds lovely. My students would really enjoy it. I'm just finishing up my lesson plans tonight and I think we'll use pasta for Math manipulatives and then create beautiful pictures or perhaps sculpture. Have you ever used macaroni to cover a 3-D object and then been allowed to paint it with metallic paint? The affect is amazing. =-) Thank you for your suggestion.
Susan