Saturday, November 7, 2009

An autumn adventure...

It is November.
Today,
as my daughters and I passed a sign
on the way to Chestnut Ridge,
we were told that the temperature
had reached sixty nine degrees!
Up our favored graveled path we walked,
without jackets,
and like so many other visitors,
soaked up the happiness of an absolutely perfect day.
When we got home,
we collected my young son
and headed out to watch the planes.
Tonight is lesson plan night for me,
as tomorrow promises to be glorious day.
With all my heart,
I ask that you find contentment on your walk through life.
I pray that your heart is happy.
May you be blessed.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Just wanted to say I enjoy your pictures, and the tales that you weave with them.

Sometimes they bring back memories of my childhood, and those my kids, (now grown and on thier own.)

The pictures of the leaves, the plants the Koi, all such great gifts from the guy upstairs.

Keep up the good work.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Tom,
Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy taking pictures. There are so many beautiful things in our world. It makes me smile to relive our adventures as I blog.
Happy Sunday,
Susan