Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ordinary Joy...

This morning as I ran errands before leaving on an adventure with my best friend Betty, I turned down a street near my home. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw colors flash and I turned my head to look. I laughed out loud, found a place to turn around and came back to take a picture. With a grin and a light hearted bubble of joy I snapped the photo to share.

It was all I could do not to ring the door bell and inquire about the collection. Does a retired firefighter live here? Or just someone fun... I'm not sure... But, regardless, the happy yard made me stop and pause.

All around us each day, there are blessings... Kind words from strangers... Free samples of fascinating coffee drinks at the store... Even the joy of Christmas and Holiday cards bedazzled with snow or singing a happy tune... There is so much to enjoy... I pray that you will see something that makes your heart smile... something like my delightful discovery this morning... something simple... something ordinary... and yet so very special...

No comments: