Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Looking out into the forest this past weekend,
I found myself in quiet awe.
Rocks,
moss,
trees,
leaves...

words that don't capture the blessing of the view

In life,
perhaps you find,
like I do,
that you'd rather skip the "times for patience"
...the chapters in your life where you must,
"wait and see".

When I look at the photo I took, it seems so "busy".
However when I captured the moment,
the same scene filled me with a deep sense of peace.

I think my photo is like life.

Looking back,
we can see times in our lives when we learned from challenges,
when we grew during times requiring patience
and moments when we were given joy from the most unlikely sources.

As I consider the past year,
I find it almost unbelievable all that has transpired.

The adventures,
the happiness,
the heartache...
the learning...
the knowledge of how much I still have to learn...

My life has been "busy".

Thinking it all over,
I find myself wishing in some ways to know how it all turns out...

Then I sigh,
count my blessings
and figure I'd better just walk the walk I am given,
and be thankful...

I am not sure about a great deal in life,
but still I pray...

As this year closes and another begins...

I ask that we are given the ability to wait when we need to,
stay strong during challenges we encounter
and accept the joy we are given.

Life is a beautiful adventure,
I truly pray that you find it to be so.

2 comments:

Tom said...

I enjoy reading your "trials and tribulations" with the children, and love your choice of words in discribing the woods near your home.

I always look forward to seeing your comments.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Tom,
Thank you for your kind words. There is something about pairing thoughts and pictures that helps me to share my ideas. I am so glad you enjoy my musings. The forest that I wandered through last weekend is part of the Hocking Hills area of Ohio, my favorite retreat. It is about an hour and fifteen minutes from my home in the suburbs... but worth every mile. I could make the drive in my sleep.
=-)
Susan