Thursday, November 26, 2009

Games on Thanksgiving?

There is a tradition at our home that at any family gathering,
be it a birthday or a Holiday,
one is expected to take part in silly games.
Joyfully I make up the goofiest activities I can think of and gleefully convince my family to play.

There are always "normal" games like, "See how many words you can make out of the letters in "Thanksgiving"." as well as nutty ones like the "Ducky" game today.

The object of this game was to put a Ducky on your head and keep it there as you walked across the room to the pond (big blue bowl). When you reached the pond you tried to tip your head in such a way that the duck fell safely into the water.

I chuckled and took pictures.
My daughter Anna won.
The prize?
Well...
you see...
Many ducks like to eat bugs...
so...
Yup...
I offered Cheddar Larvae...
to my participants and winner...
purchased on our recent trip to Jungle Jim's International Market!
For some reason...
(wonder why)
my family seemed to think the honey filled candy and plastic bugs that were second prize sounded better...
Even my oldest,
who had eaten the creatures the week before...
wasn't so sure...
bugs...
really went well with
pumpkin pie!
ha!
gotta love that kid...

No comments: