Saturday, November 28, 2009

The countdown begins!

Today is the first day of Advent.

This countdown towards Christmas is part of many Christian traditions including the Methodist Church I grew up in and the Catholic Church of my adult years. I have happy memories of watching the candles being lit, of lighting them myself and even of one year when my brother dropped a match on my Sunday School book while completing the task. Each week one more candle is lit, until on Christmas morning, a white Christ Candle is added to the middle and the wait is over.

I do not know many of you, but I truly hope that this Season of Hope will find you and I on a path that will lead us towards good things. I honestly haven't wished for something so hard in a long time. Now and always, may you be blessed!

No comments: