Monday, November 2, 2009

happy together

... We pulled into the park and three out of four kiddos fussed...
My son was confused and hungry. He didn't understand what was going on.
My oldest daughter hates hot dogs and was just sure she was going to starve.
My youngest daughter... she objected to the venue... wishing instead for one of our favorite Metro Parks.
Only my sister's young son was silent.

I must confess...
I was mad...
through my mind went outraged thoughts...
I threatened to go home...
disappointed that they didn't see the fun ahead...

I don't know if the promise of peanut butter or guilty feelings made them fall in line...
but soon,
kids were carrying picnic foods and even charcoal to help me out.

I smiled...
sighed...
and remembered some of my own bratty behavior as a teenager...
I let it go...
and decided to roll with it...

No comments: