Sunday, November 29, 2009

More preparations...

Today I made two trips to school. One before church and one after lunch. I put up a bulletin board for our "Star Students" (a special December behavior incentive), made copies, wrote our December Parent Newsletter and put a few things away. I find as I sit here looking at the arts and crafts I have prepped that I am tired and weary. The pastor this morning spoke about faith in hard times. The times when the path is rocky and there is not the sun and beautiful breeze at the top of a mountain. I sigh and know that he was right.

December journals lay in row waiting for small children to write in them. I see snowflake stickers and Gingerbread children. For tomorrow there is a story called "Llama, Llama Mad at Momma", It deals with the sometimes weariness of the day to day. The desire for smooth sailing and to have things our way is not an affliction limited to four, five and six year olds. I understand how my young charges feel. Yet, I see too, like the little Llama's Momma, that doing what we should do will make us happier than a nasty fit.

I sigh again, knowing that many of my young students will not want to work tomorrow. I think of the chart describing our morning routine, the new folders and brand new "Good Behavior Charts" all waiting to be reviewed, shared or introduced and I know tomorrow will be a busy day.

I pray that whatever you and I must meet tomorrow, that we are made equal to the task. I ask for God's grace and guidance because I know... I know.. I can not do it without Him.

May you be blessed this day and always.

No comments: