Sunday, November 8, 2009

Soup...

Early this morning,
I put the stock pot on to boil.
Thoughts of chicken soup were thick in my mind.
The very nice man I am seeing really doesn't feel well.
There is not much I can do.
But,
I figured,
I could make him some soup.
I could even make enough to make my children happy too.
I cut up some onions and put them in a pan with a little olive oil.
Turning on the burner,
I sauteed them until they were translucent.
I added some stock and diced carrots to the onion pan and put it on to simmer.
In the oven,
wrapped in foil,
three cloves of garlic were roasting.
Veggies, bay leaves and garlic simmered in the pan with the stock.
Bay leaves floated with the meat as well,
making friends of the salt and cracked pepper and a bit of the garlic.
Later the chicken was removed and let to cool.
The broth was strained,
the chicken deboned
and everything was added together.
Now bubbling together,
it need something...
My mom had suggested cream of chicken soup,
so in two cans went.
Bow tie noodles were added and the whole effect....
was simply wonderful.
My kids were delighted... Sincerely... no one complained.
Pumpkin muffins accompanied our meal and cookies too.
Made with love for those I hold dear,
yes...
I did just make a happy sigh.

No comments: