Saturday, November 21, 2009

In my crockpot...

Back home from our adventure to Jungle Jim's, I headed to the kitchen to start dinner and to begin preparations for tomorrow's lunch.

I chopped four or five small onions and added them to a pan with some olive oil. I turned the heat to medium and began to change raw harshness into something mellow and sweet. (I can not eat raw onion, but I have found that slow cooked onion does not hurt my stomach.)

In the oven, I roasted half a bulb of garlic until the individual cloves were creamy and soft inside.

In my frying pan I seared the reason for the dish...
coming all the way from Australia via our favorite International Market...
camel meat!

Yup...
I did say camel...

I deglazed the pans and added the meat juices to the crock pot and turned it on low.
I'm going to let it simmer all night...

Tomorrow,
I'm adding veggies and we'll enjoy our chance to try something truly unique.

My kids can't wait.

Have I mentioned...?
My kids are good sports.

No comments: