Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Good Morning


My dog just shared my breakfast with me. Today it was Aldi's brand Triple Berry Crispy Oats, but it could have been just about anything. Ben is a happy moocher, never leaving until the last crumb is devoured.


I sit here and type, pondering my last few moments before my day begins in earnest. I am thinking over my lessons for today. Though the "lessons" are set, there are times when how it is taught needs to be adapted. I am thinking over yesterday and considering the possibilities. We will be tracking a shadow today, voting and having some sort of phonics game. It's time to move onto the new November sight words! (Can I hear a, "Yay!"?)


My mind also drifts to my world at home, I am trying to decide if I can scare up the gumption to take my kids on a brief adventure tonight. I am a summer girl and as the sun disappears I find that the evenings make me sleepy. I dream of a yummy dinner and a warm afghan to curl up in. However, I know that a brisk outdoor adventure will make us all feel healthier, so I try... really try to set a good example for my children.


I think it might be fun to grab some flashlights and make a picnic. We could head to my Katie's favored park and hit the trail just as the sun sets. We could even take that dog son of mine. Everyone likes the dog path better anyway.


I pray that today you know you are loved... that you are a blessing to those who know you... that you are here for a purpose...

Now and always,

I ask that you be blessed.

No comments: