Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Learning...

Musing about my own teenager and two preteen children,
I have been thinking about what it means to be in periods of our lives that are full of change and unrest.

It is not comfortable to be unsure,
to be challenged.

I suppose though,
that times of turbulence are times of growth.

There are valleys to walk through,
mountain tops to reach
and then there are the times of climbing.

I am reminded of the crevice I pulled myself through a few weeks ago, after repelling over the edge of the big rock face; it was a difficult grade and the last time through my arms actually wobbled. I knew I had to call it a day, that it would be unsafe to make another descent and have to crawl back up.

The world is a big place. Sometimes what we face is unsettling. New challenges are exactly that... new challenges.
May you,
may I,
never give up.

May we hold on,
keep climbing,
know when to rest
and find joy in the journey.

Tonight and always,
I wish you only blessings.

No comments: