Friday, November 20, 2009

A clean floor!


Tonight I pulled the carpet up in my son's room. Pry bar in hand, I crawled around the room creating a clean surface. My young man has some issues that tend to lead to yucky carpet. No matter what I do, the carpet never seems clean. So... bye bye carpet... hello significantly easier to clean floor.
I am glad to know how to remove carpet. It is nice to be able to make Andrew's room a better place to be. I find that I am headed downstairs to tackle my messy living room next.
I have two days of "real" school next week. I am so excited about Thanksgiving. I love to cook the meal and share it with my family and loved ones. My children love the meal and so does my sister. It is nice to have complete satisfaction from everyone present. I think, it is one of the only times when everyone is too pleased to squeak unhappily.
Thanksgiving afternoon the kids will be itching to put up the tree... Yeah... I guess I'm back to thinking of my living room... It needs serious effort if holiday decorations are to be quickly coming.
I am headed that way... Though I may just chill in front of the television and pop in a movie... I am tired...
Now and always,
may you find love,
friendship
and peace
on your journey through this life.
May you be blessed!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Wood floors are always easier to clean, except for crayons. When my kids were little it seemed they drew more on the floor than the papers sent home from school.

For a long time I taped a plastic table cloth to the floor for them to draw on, and sometimes make tunnels with to drive trucks under, or hide thier sisters dolls under.

You might try the table cloth trick.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Tom,
Your idea sounds like a good one. I smile at the idea of your little children coloring on your floor. Mom's now a days are spoiled by a little bottle with a yellow petroleum product called "Goo be Gone"... that stuff takes crayon off practically anything in seconds. =-) I don't know if I've blogged about my little son much since you've started reading, but he's eleven and has autism. He doesn't have anything in his room except for a bed and one or two toys because he could get hurt or break something. Andrew is a dear child. He doesn't speak but uses his voice to make his emotions known. He doesn't read... but he loves to look at picture books. He loves the outdoors, food (just like mom) and all Veggietale Videos. Andrew tends to be hard on things, which is why I am so happy to be able to have a surface in his room that can be scrubbed clean without remaining wet underneath. Yeah for hardwood. Thank you for sharing your idea. =-)
Susan