Sunday, July 26, 2009

Anticipating...Nachos... high school... life!

From the windows on this little shack,
yummies of all varieties are served to mostly teen aged humans.


Tonight, as my kids and I walked our local high school's track,
my oldest daughter and I chatted.

Never having been inside her new school,
she can hardly wait to get a glimpse.

I have so many happy memories inside that building.
Though her father and I are no longer together,
most of those memories include him.
With a grin on my face,
I recounted some of the silliness we had found together.
Hide and go seek had to be my favorite.
I arrived before him almost everyday,
and I would hide and wait for him to find me.
It was fun.
Simple things usually are.
Tonight when I saw the snack shack,
I had to smile as well.
Cool evenings,
falling leaves
and
definitely....
most definitely
little cups of hot cocoa!
And...
if you were especially wealthy,
rectangles full of crunchy chips
and cheesy goodness!
Nachos of course.

I am happy to be the age I am.
I would not go back in time if I could.
However,
reminiscing made me chuckle
and my daughter affectionately roll her eyes at me.

It was a blessing to smile over the past.
Like everyone else in this world,
there is so much about my future I do not know.
But,
I am confident
that I am trodding a path
worn well by those who have traveled it before me.
Life is beautiful.
Nachos are yummy.
Memories are for sharing.
May you be blessed,
this evening and forever.
Good night.

No comments: