Thursday, July 30, 2009

Laughter

A chuckle,
a peal,
a rumble...
even a milk spraying,
elementary lunch room belly laugh...

There is nothing quite like the vocal expression of amusement.

We feel better when we laugh.

But,
what if we are laughed at?
Hmmm....
Have you ever laughed at a small child
who ridiculously is refusing to acknowledge they are tired,
when they clearly are about to melt
into a puddle of emotional goo?

The reaction of the bitty one
clearly shows that laughter
can lead to more than just a smiles.

Today,
for the second time in twenty four hours,
a friend chuckled in my direction.

While I know they didn't mean any harm,
I feel a bit weary
and I have a sudden sense
that the next time a dear one does something I find silly,
I will refrain from comment.

Sigh...

yeah...
I do know that I was probably funny...
but,
that
is entirely...
beside the point!
=-)

I wish you happiness and peace.
Now, Always and Forever...
May you be blessed.

No comments: