Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Storming Heaven's Gates

Whether it be on your knees beside your bed.
Shaking holding hands in a hospital room
or
smiling and full of happiness
standing holding the hand
of your dearest one before God and family,
most of us have prayed at one time or the other.

I know without a doubt
that is the prayer of my loved ones
that has brought me safe thus far.
There is a rich history of prayer.
And I believe that God listens.
Our prayers
are not always answered
in the way we wish.
But,
God listens
and he cares.

Last night,
speaking with one of my dearest friends,
I learned that they had just lost their job.

Suddenly my own dating questions seemed trivial.
I felt literally sick for my friend.
This morning,
I ask you to pray with me.
For my friend
and for everyone
in need of employment.
That God's grace with see them through.
...I of course will beg for immediate job openings...
the best of everything for my friend and their family...
peace... joy.... chocolate...

But,
honestly...
I just pray that whatever my friend must do,
that he is given the strength to do it.
That whatever he must face,
that God will hold his hand as he walks this dark path.

I pray for all us...
That we can trust our Creator...
Now, Forever... Always....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Susan!