Thursday, July 30, 2009

Learning from our friends


A long time ago a friend showed me how to crochet granny squares. I have forgotten how to start the pattern and don't ask me how to cast off the stitches in the end but, if someone helps me get started, I find the process very soothing.


Many years ago some junior high kids showed me how to make really neat paper boxes out of used greeting cards. The process delighted me so very much that to this day I still make them. I love to use the bitty boxes in lieu of real cards. Many years at Christmas, I make tiny fortune sized messages that I nestle inside atop a bit of fiberfill "snow". When I add the crowning touch of a Hershey Kiss and close the lid, I can't help but smile.


I could go on and on retelling wonderful stories of what I have learned from friends through the years. Just recently I learned that dancing can be fun and that corn hole is fascinating. I've come to appreciate friends of all ages. I believe that we all have something to important to share. Be it a really beautiful ability to remember our friends birthdays or an unbelievable recipe that we are willing to graciously pass on.


Our lives are made richer by those who we come to care for.
I feel so blessed by the kindness that has been shared with me.
I pray that you and I...
That we,
will share our gifts
as we count our blessings.


Tonight and always...

peace to you.

Goodnight


No comments: