Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome home...

Walking through the forest,
my favorite thing to do is look for beautiful flowers and evidence of the creatures that we so rarely see happily ensconced in the suburbs.

With camera in hand,
I lay on the path,
creep nearer to odd objects
and frequently cause my eldest to wonder
if she could steal my camera in my sleep without retribution.

I have always enjoyed imagining who lives inside the nooks, crannies and holes along the way. Wouldn't it be fun, to be shrunk down just for a moment to see what really is down those holes or be able to fly up and peek inside the tree trunk hole?

Now, I don't want to be eaten or harmed,
so on my imaginary journeys,
I seem to always be safe.

This morning I read Hebrew's chapter 11
just like my good pastor has assigned.
(yup... she gives homework...imagine that)

The chapter talks about faith and trusting in what we do not see.

I read and read thinking, "man... yay for these people... apparently they are much more faithful than I am..."
and then... then I saw Abraham's name and laughed! Yup! I laughed because Abraham doubted God's plan for descendants enough to do some seemingly yucky things.
It was then I smiled... I figure if Abraham was listed as faithful and he saw angels who he just couldn't trust their message. Then... well... then if I have just a tiny bit of faith... if I allow God to use me... Ahh... I'll be all right.

So,
today...
May you be blessed with the faith you need for life's adventure.
May a smile find its way to your lips
and may you know you are a treasure.
.. a light...
someone special.

You are loved.

No comments: