Friday, July 10, 2009

Thinking... yet again....

I sit and I type.
Thinking over recent events.
Pondering the reasons for the choices in my life.
Considering what path to take next.

I am sure you have all been here...
a proverbial crossroads...

Our choices change us,
leave us different.

So,
we must decide
what it is we want.

What is most important to us.

And figure out if our actions
and our deepest desires
are in harmony or discord.

What is it we say we are seeking?
Do our actions reflect this?

Are we willing to be patient
and work toward our good and worthy goals?
Or do we,
like my silly kiddos waiting for the play to start today,
think we are simply never going to have a "payoff".

Are we afraid that our dreams will never come true?
I know that I am sometimes like Abraham of old,
wanting to trust my way instead of God's plan.

Anybody else ever been there?

I pray that you and I are blessed with wisdom and patience...
Neither is guaranteed to bring gratification...

But..
hands up...
who'll admit,
their own way sometimes leaves them sad as well?
Goodnight.
Peace to you always.

No comments: