Saturday, July 11, 2009

I don't claim it was a blockbuster...

With a bowl of peanut butter popcorn
and a "B" movie,
my oldest and I spent our evening together.

I laughed silently to myself at her outrage...
She's seen a Megaladon fossilized jaw at the Smithsonian...
apparently it's only a little taller than me...
With a, "Mom there is no way that shark could have really snatched that airplane from the sky"... my amusement was complete.

Truth be told,
I knew my girl would react this way.

I was honestly counting on it.
Her outrage was as much fun as the mindless movie.

If you rent the movie,
please be warned that it has exactly one suggestive scene.
It is a "B" movie after all and not everyone watches them for the same reasons I do. Still the action is off screen, brief and not the point of the movie.

The plot was...
simple...
the conclusion
inevitable....

The experience
of sharing my daughter's first "B" movie...
Priceless...

But,
I must be truthful,
do have a weakness for monster movies.

:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have another award for you over on my blog. I have nevermet anyone as upbeat as you. Always looking for the positive side of everything.