Thursday, July 30, 2009

Comfort for Dad


My best and most dearest dad...
(he would chuckle at this,
as he is my "only" dad...)
isn't feeling well.


I ask that if you have a moment to spare,
could you say a prayer for him
and all those we know
who are in need of TLC.


I do not believe that the answer to prayer is always "Yes".

However, I know that, in the end that really isn't the point.

By seeking the arms of Our Maker,
we acknowledge we are not in charge,
that in the end God is,
that we are in His care
and life will go on no matter what happens.

Honestly though,
I'd prefer a smooth path for my dad,
millions to care for my parents in style
and,
while I'm hitting heaven's door with requests...
Can I have a small kitten for my youngest daughter that won't make me sneeze?


Kidding aside,
I'm worried.

Thank you for your help.
Now and always,
I wish you only good things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Dad. I hope all goes well and he will be better soon.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

Thank you Doreen. It means a lot to me.
Susan